Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Stroll

There was no electricity at the hotel from 8:30 am till 4 pm today because the power company was fixing the power grid in this area. It's not possible to stay in the hotel anyway so I decided to take a walk from the South Beach area to Bridgetown.  I took my GPS so I could track how far I walked.  It took awhile for the GPS to pick up the satellite signal so I'm guessing I probably walked about a mile further than the 2.7-miles that was recorded by the GPS.
Here are some pictures that I took along the way.

A relatively small TGIF

Courtyard Marriott

Stores are typically closed on Sundays in Barbados

The Brazilian Embassy

Approaching another beach area




Bridgetown, Barbados


Just like being back in Southeast Asia. Hot and humid, then rain clouds appear.

Not obvious from the picture but it rained and I stood at this corner for about 20 minutes

These homes are certainly not what you typically see over here




No comments: